How to Apply
The 2014 GRFP application is now closed.
Screenshots of the 2014 application can be downloaded at this link.
Creating a FastLane Account
Fellowship applications must be submitted electronically using the NSF FastLane Graduate Research Fellowship Program Application Module at: www.fastlane.nsf.gov/grfp/
Applicants must first register as a FastLane user at that web site. Registration for the GRFP is only available when the application module is open, from August to November.
To create an account:
- Access the GRFP application module by going to www.fastlane.nsf.gov.
- Click on the Graduate Research Fellowship Program tab at the top of the page. This will take you to the GRFP application within FastLane. (You can also access the page directly at https://www.fastlane.nsf.gov/grfp/Login.do)
- Once on the GRFP site, click the Register Here link (on the right hand side of the page) to begin the Fellowship Application.
- You are required to read and accept the rules of behavior before continuing through the Registration Process. After review and acceptance, click “I have read and accept the Rules of Behavior,” and click the Accept button.
- The Applicant Information page will be displayed. This page will be used to create your user profile. All required information (indicated by an asterisk) must be completed in order to save the data and submit the registration form.
NOTE: Emails are the primary source of communication used by the GRFP administrators. It is important for you to use an active email address and to update the email address if it changes. Please ensure that emails with the following email address “@nsf.gov” are not subject to your spam filter.
Logging in to your FastLane Account
- Access the GRFP application by typing the following address into your browser address bar: http://www.fastlane.nsf.gov.
- Click on the Graduate Research Fellowship Program tab at the top of the page. This will take you to the GRFP application within FastLane. (You can also access the page directly at http://www.fastlane.nsf.gov/grfp/)
- Once on the GRFP site, enter your login information in the box on the top right side of the screen.
- The GRFP Application home page appears with your Application Task List and current Applicant Data.
NOTE: Applicants should track the status of their reference letters. It is important that applicants use this feature regularly to ensure that their application is complete prior to the deadlines.
In This Section