If you have received your temporary password and are unable to login to the FastLane GRFP Reference Writer module, check the following:
1. Check your email address. Check to confirm you are using the same email address provided by the applicant when attempting to login. The email address provided by the applicant can be found in the body of the email you received with your temporary password. An exact email address is crucial to matching the reference writer and the applicant in the FastLane GRFP application module.
2. Check the temporary password. Record the temporary password and type it into FastLane manually rather than copying and pasting.
3. Ensure you are using the most recent Temporary Password received. Occasionally, a user will inadvertently select "Create A Password" multiple times. If this occurs, use the temporary password in the most recent email you received.
There are a few reasons that you may not have received the email nominating you as a Reference Writer. Please check the following if this occurs:
1. Confirm your email address with the applicant. Check to ensure that the email address the applicant entered for you is accurate. If there is a typo or if they need to change the email address, the applicant can edit the reference writer record in their application and resend the nomination email. An exact email address is crucial to matching the reference writer and the applicant in the FastLane GRFP application module.
2. Check SPAM folders. Check your SPAM or trash folder to ensure that the email did not get sent to one of those folders inadvertently.
3. Use an alternate email address. It is possible that your email domain is rejecting the email and not allowing delivery. In this case, provide an alternate email address to the applicant and they will be able to edit your reference writer record in their application and re-send the nomination email.
Reference letter requests are associated with the reference writer's e-mail address. If two applicants list different e-mail addresses for the same reference, and the reference logs in to submit a letter using the e-mail address listed by the first applicant, the second applicant will not show up on that reference's list of applicants. In this case, you should repeat the first-time login process using the e-mail address listed by the "missing" applicant.
Letters of reference are limited to a maximum of 2 pages in length. Please note that the FastLane module will not accept letters that are longer than 2 pages. The letters must be written using standard 8.5" x 11" page size, 12-point, Times New Roman font or Computer Modern (LaTeX) font, 1" margins on all sides. Letters must be single spaced or greater and character spacing should use normal (100%) single-line space option. The letters should also be signed and submitted on professional letterhead.
Letters of reference are limited to a maximum of 2 pages in length. Please note that the FastLane module will not accept letters that are longer than 2 pages.
Fellow Carlos J. Cela, from the Bioelectromagnetics Laboratory at North Carolina State University, works on the modeling of electrical interactions between implantable retinal stimulators and neural tissue, which has application to the development of an artificial retina to restore partial vision to the blind. Retinal implants aim to restore vision to the blind suffering from degenerative retinal diseases, including Age-related Macular Degeneration and Retinitis Pigmentosa.
National Science Foundation Graduate Research Fellowship Program
Operations Center Administered by: American Society for Engineering Education (ASEE)
1818 N Street NW, Suite 600 Washington, DC 20036 | 866-NSF-GRFP, 866-673-4737
(toll-free from the US and Canada) or 202-331-3542 (international) | email@example.com
Hours of Operation: M-F 8:30 a.m. - 5:30 p.m. (ET)
Copyright © 2017 - All Rights Reserved - www.nsfgrfp.org
Template by OS Templates